• arcNETWORK : arcHELI - arcPLANE
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gasser fuel

Club
      G.M.A.C
      MAAA #
      Style
      Vaguely Intermediate

Just looked up colemans australia and they had there...... We have been having major supply issues with Coleman fuel. We hope that it will be avilable again some time in 2013
      Whiplash Gasser TRM27 x2+E \HD 500\ raptor 50\trex500 DFC\Gaui Nx4\ trex500 in huey500\ blade mcpx x2 one blinged \ blade msr\ blade msrx \blade300x blinded couple of planks

Style
      Beginner

A good mate of mine bought me back a Zippo lighter from the states, and so I needed to buy some lighter fluid.
      My local IGA (Foodland) store had it in the small squeeze tins and also in one litre bottles, I opted for the one litre.
      After reading this thread I went back to see what the cost was, but it was no longer on the shelf alongside the kero, white spirit, metho and thinners.
      However, if you check your local store, they may have it in stock.

I dug a bit deeper, we used a product that we called "Range Fuel" to use in our "choofer" stoves in the army, and since the army used Mobil products I remembered that a storeman at a company I once worked for, use to knock off Mobil B1 Solvent and use it in his car.

Google helped me out here and I wound up on a Petroleum Distributor in Tas: http://www.taspetroleum.com.au/Solve...0Chemicals.htm
      and found this:
      Solvex 1425 - Powerful degreaser - low residue solvent used in a variety of industries. Also known as Solvent, also known as X55 Solvent, Solvent B1 and Shellite.

Now we all don't live in Tassie and a search of Mobil's web site didn't do anything but frustrate me but I found this site:
      http://www.ascc.net.au/products.htm

They carry it but being a solvent, you may well find a Chemical company near you that stocks it, check out your Yellow Pages.
      A Fuel Agent or Fuel Depot would also be a good shot. I live in the sticks so when I want it I'll be going to my local man, he's been very helpful in the past.

Minimum purchase would most likely be 20 litres, but I would suggest that buying like this would be the cheapest way to go.

Hope this has been some help.

Cheers,

"Jack"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outback Jack For This Useful Post:

brw0513 (25-07-2013),GypsyAu (25-07-2013)

MAAA #
      forthcoming
      Style
      Beginner

Additionally, Caltex also make/made a product called "Solvent 143" (shellite) & BP have a product called R55 as well as the Shell original product "X55". My thinking is the Solvent 1425 may be an updated version but i have not researched this to be sure.

Regards
      Last edited by GypsyAu; 25-07-2013 at 03:36 PM.
      BEAM Heli's (E4-E6), JR & Devo Tx's, Asst. of Mini-Micro Heli's & Quads.
      http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/gypsygoldau-1/maryborough

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GypsyAu For This Useful Post:

brw0513 (25-07-2013),Outback Jack (19-11-2016)

Club
      KAMS
      MAAA #
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic

I know this is an old post, but . . . . . .

Bunnings now stocks "shellite" - Diggers brand. 1L = $7.98 // 4L = $28.90

Still cheaper than "Nitro"

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bungraman For This Useful Post:

Goody63 (28-07-2016),GypsyAu (30-07-2016),Outback Jack (19-11-2016),TomC (30-07-2016)