• arcNETWORK : arcHELI - arcPLANE
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
      Club
      WARMS
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Well at $817 aud from mikado direct for bare bones.kit ...add freight and allow a discount for the retailer buying bulk.... plus profit.margin for them at this end...say a wild guess off the shop floor around $1000 ish... Also depends on the exchange rate on the day of retailer purchasing.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
      Too many to bother with.

Club
      Speed Thrives
      MAAA #
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Quote Originally Posted by brw0513 View Post
      One day I might get a Mikado.

Why would you choose a 480 XXtreme over the 400SE?

Both will take 473mm main blades. What would be the biggest differences?
      This is a quote from Dave Dahl, who is very close to Mikado

Quote Originally Posted by dahld View Post
      Fed-Ex got around to delivering Kyle’s new Logo 480 today (actually two of them). I won’t post any pictures of the kit details, as I haven’t talked to Mikado about that, and I’ll leave that part to them. But, I will discuss the features of the design a little.

If you look at the top of this thread, there are pictured two canopy color schemes…and we received one of each. They are pretty much an EXACT replica of the Logo 800/700 canopy design (including the ESC cooling cut-outs in the front), just smaller. They are so cute-HA!

As you can see in the same pictures I noted above in the thread, the parts from the main shaft collar up are borrowed from the Logo 500/600…which is a good thing, as the designs are well proven, and will be plenty robust enough for the 480.

Likewise, from the rear of the frames back the parts are off the Logo 500/600, and likewise, this is a good thing, as the designs are well proven and again, will be plenty robust for swinging the smaller tail rotor disc of the 480 (72mm tail blades came with the kits). The carbon tail drive box sides are slightly different in the cut, to accommodate the smaller vertical fin etc. of the model. Boom is 20mm, and the tail is belt driven as are all the Logo 500/600 models.

The main frame is where all the changes are. The design is a hybrid of carbon fiber plates, molded plastic, and machined metal. There are only five carbon fiber plates in the whole frame set: the two main side plates, one front ESC mounting plate that tab-locks into the side plates ala the 800/700 design, and one small outside doubler on each side of the frames that ties together the machined metal bottom main shaft bearing block (it looks like a smaller version of the 800/700 main shaft bearing block), and the machined metal motor mount.

The whole bottom of the frames and battery tray is molded plastic, as are two internal frame stiffeners, the top main shaft bearing block (with metal screw inserts), as well as the V-Bar’s rear mounting plate (again, similar in design as with the Logo 800/700).

The belt drive system is right off the Logo 500/600…which is great, as again, the system is well proven and robust. The front idler pulleys are supported between the frames via machined metal supports (like on the carbon framed Logo 500/600), and the boom is secured in-between the frames with the same type designed machined metal mounts as on the 800/700.

Cyclic servo mounting in the frames is a similar arrangement as on the original Logo 400. The frames have pem-type blind nuts pre-installed for the servo mountings, and the tail servo mounts on the carbon frame sides like on the 700/800.

The swash plate is the same as on the Logo 500/600, with a 10mm hollow main shaft. The one way is the same size as the Logo 500/600, and the main gear is the same diameter and thickness (10mm) as on the Logo 500/600, except it is herringbone Mod .5 (212 tooth). This is going to be a very tough main and tail drive system for a 400-500 class model.

Hope this gets most of the needed info out there about what’s coming.

(-: Dave
      I am Addicted to HELIs and HONEY

Club
      Nil right now.
      Style
      Beginner
      Chats

Wow. $1000 for the kit
      Ian B.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to brw0513 For This Useful Post:

bathmagic (07-12-2013)

Club
      WARMS
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Yeh wouldnt be far off it....i have a complete logo 400 if you dont want to spend the money...its.just in parts i havent.been bothered to rebuild it after my last efforts at.pyro flips . ...you can stretch it as per previous posts on here....cheaper option for you.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
      Too many to bother with.

Club
      Speed Thrives
      MAAA #
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Here are some real pics

Club
      Speed Thrives
      MAAA #
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Default New Mikado Logo 480 Extreme

Not too long now.

Last edited by tommybear; 07-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Club
      Speed Thrives
      MAAA #
      Style
      Sport/Aerobatic
      Chats

Default New Mikado Logo 480 Extreme

Last edited by tommybear; 08-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Club
      SSSFA
      Style
      Vaguely Intermediate
      Chats

To be honest the design looks old school to me. Not as sexy as new stuff that come out recently or are coming out - warp, goblin, mostros ...